Is this you? You are one of the many people out there http://cutify.co looking for the best skincare products you can find. And you have probably done your research and know what ingredients you are looking for in your products.
But have you researched which ingredients to avoid in skincare products?
If you want to learn which ingredients are never included in the best skincare products, here’s a short list to help you know what to avoid as you shop around.
1) Fragrances — Fragrances are a big no-no. The term “fragrance” can refer to 4,000 different ingredients, many of which can be carcinogenic or toxic and can affect the central nervous system.
I know we all want to smell nice, but stick to perfumes rather than massaging creams or lotions into your skin with contain fragrances.
2) Alcohols — Alcohols are very irritating and drying to skin and can strip away the skin’s protective barrier, leaving it vulnerable to bacteria and viruses. Alcohols have also been shown to lead to premature aging and brown spots.
3) Mineral Oil — Mineral oil is a very common ingredient found in moisturizers. It’s very effective in locking in moisture. However, it is a very unhealthy moisturizing ingredient. It clogs pores, not allowing the skin to eliminate harmful toxins and aggravating acne problems. And although it helps lock in moisture, it can also strip away your body’s own moisture, thereby chapping and drying the skin. It’s so often used because it’s cheap, but you will never find it in the best skincare products.
4) Triclosan — Triclosan is widely used in many products because of its antibacterial properties. But it has a downside. Have you ever heard of strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics? Well, there’s a theory that Triclosan helps contribute to this problem because of its wide use in skincare products.
Interestingly enough, it’s also used in weed killers.
5) Parabens and Acrylamide — These two ingredients are widely used in skincare products. Studies have detected parabens in breast tumors. And other studies have shown Acrylamide to cause cancer in mice. Therefore, I believe it prudent to avoid these two because of their cancer risks.
Believe it or not, this is just a sample of ingredients that are best avoided. But now that you have read this list, you should be more prepared to shop for the best skincare product lines.
If you find any of these ingredients in a product, be wary of using any products made by that company. Many companies put profit over product integrity and spend more money on advertising than they do on research.
But the best skincare companies (many of which you never see widely advertised) put the majority of their working capital into quality research and development. These companies often make the best skincare products because of their solid foundation of producing the most effective products.
If you’d like to know more about quality products and ingredients, I’ve put up lots of information on my website. If you do your research now, you’ll be very thankful for it later. Take your time in finding the best skincare products.